DRAFT Meeting Minutes for:
January Board Meeting
Yuma International Airport, Conference Room
Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 04:06 PM
Call to Order:
The Yuma County Airport Authority, Inc. (YCAA) Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors was called to order at 4:06PM on January 12, 2021 in the Yuma International Airport Conference Room, 2191 E. 32nd Street, Suite 218, Yuma, Arizona 85365. The Presiding officer was Bill Craft, President.
YCAA DIRECTORS PRESENT WERE:
Bill Craft, President
Dean Hager, 1st Vice President
Eric Saltzer, Treasurer
Russell Jones, Secretary
Dr. Brian Cullen, DMD, Director
Reetika Dhawan, Director
William Fox, Director (Joined the meeting at 4:17PM)
Albert Gardner, Director
Juan Guzman, Director
Jenny Torres, Director
YCAA DIRECTORS ABSENT WERE:
Linda Morgan, 2nd Vice President
ALSO PRESENT WERE:
Gladys Brown, Airport Director
Gerald Hinkle, Jr., Chief Financial Officer
Lynn Hall, Director of Facilities and Maintenance (Joined the meeting at 4:09PM, exited the meeting at 4:13PM)
Miguel Perez, Airport Maintenance (Joined the meeting at 4:09PM, exited the meeting at 4:13PM)
Colonel Charles Dudik, USMC, Commanding Officer, MCAS Yuma
Greg McShane, MCAS Operations Officer
Ryan Hart, Million Air Yuma
Ken Scott, ASN Volunteer
CALL TO THE PUBLIC
There were no Public Comments.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Mr. Craft, the YCAA President, called for a motion to approve the minutes of the December 8, 2020 Board Meeting. Mr. Jones so moved. Dr. Cullen seconded the motion. Motion passed unanimously.
Votes in Favor:
Votes Opposed: None
1) Mr. Craft, the YCAA President, introduced and welcomed new Board Director, Jenny Torres. Ms. Torres provided a brief background of her experience and shared she looked forward to serving on the YCAA Board.
2) Ms. Brown, Airport Director, introduced and welcomed the new Million Air General Manager, Ryan Hart. Mr. Hart provided the Board a brief background and history of his military career, excited to return to Yuma and looks froward to working with the Airport.
3) Ms. Brown, Airport Director, announce the 2020 Employee of the Year Miguel Perez. Ms. Brown described how Mr. Perez joined the YCAA Team on July 13, 2018 after previously having worked at the MCAS Yuma Commissary. Ms. Brown went on to say that Miguel was referred to us by one of his current colleagues and has been a great addition to the team with a lot to offer our community. Words that have been used to describe Mr. Perez are hardworking, attention to detail, consistent effort, dedicated, customer service oriented, thoughtful, kind, friendly, professional, has a positive attitude, and always there when you need him or when one of customers may need assistance. Miquel thanked Ms. Brown for the opportunity and expressed his appreciation for everyone at the Airport.
1) Strategic Planning Committee Chair, Russ Jones, will provide a summary on the January 7, 2021 Meeting.
Strategic Planning Committee Chair, Russ Jones, briefed the Board on the agenda items discussed at the January 7, 2021 Meeting which was regarding current Legal Counsel and the opportunity to advertise through the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) process. Mr. Jones and the committee directed the Airport staff to place the advertisement regarding the RFQ as discussed in the meeting. It was shared that Airport Staff and the YCAA Board of Directors will continue services with the new merged firm Benesch, Shadle & White in the interim.
1) Monthly report by Chief Financial Officer on current financial status.
Mr. Hinkle, Chief Financial Officer briefed the Board on our current financial status as well as requested the Board of Directors to complete the Arizona Corporation Commission questionnaire which is necessary for Airport staff to complete the ACC Annual Report.
Colonel Charles Dudik, USMC, Commanding Officer, MCAS Yuma shared the final determination to cancel the 2021 Yuma Airshow due to the restrictions in place for public safety and health during this pandemic. He continued to share the Air Station is working with other units and the community may see additional aircraft flying than what is normally seen, unfortunately there were some cancelations such as the Belgians. Colonel Dudik mentioned WTI is on track and moving ahead on scheduling for the upcoming exercises. Colonel did brief that there is Pentagon interest around the MCAS Yuma airfield security and these items of interest will be discussed and disclosed when appropriate. Colonel Dudik reassured the YCAA that his team will stay engaged and through open lines of communication as this develops. Colonel Dudik, USMC provided updates on fencing repairs, construction on hangars and additional construction projects.
Director Torres asked a question regarding vaccination for the service members, Director Jones asked about the construction on 17/35 and the closure and Colonel Dudik along with Mr. Greg McShane provided some clarification. There are very limited vaccinations and Runway 17/35 will reopen prior to WTI then close again until late summer for final repairs.
The Airport staff is working with the Air Station contractor during the Runway 17/35 project, Ms. Brown added that the Airport staff will provide as much information as they can to our airfield users.
2) Presentation and update regarding current construction projects, associated contracts, grant status, general aviation, marketing efforts, terminal improvements, aviation conferences, meetings and items of interest with the city and county or other federal or state agencies. This will include, but is not limited to, additional information, FAA and ADOT grant updates, an overview of projects underway, airport operations, Rolle Airfield, airline recruitment and retention efforts, general aviation, future events, and other Airport business.
Ms. Brown, Airport Director, provided a presentation on the status of airfield operations to include the runways and taxiways, American Airlines updates along with the load capacities and schedule, Yuma’s anticipated new commercial airline service with Boutique Air, TSA update which included the screening throughput numbers, NYL Master Plan, GA Rehabilitation Project, Airport parking lot, AQST update, Tornado Aviation update, Rent Car update, Brewers restaurant update, current airport projects, marketing and community outreach over the past month to include social media.
CALL TO THE PUBLIC
There were no Public Comments.
There being no further business before the Board the meeting adjourned at 5:07PM.
Secretary Yuma County Airport Authority; Strategic Planning Committee Chairman
| |Other Board Minutes
|Tue Jan 12, 2021 -- January Board|
|Tue Jan 12, 2021 -- Annual Board Meeting 2021|
|Thu Jan 7, 2021 -- Strategic Planning Committee |
|Tue Dec 8, 2020 -- December Board|
|Thu Dec 3, 2020 -- Finance Committee|
|Tue Nov 24, 2020 -- Special Board|
|Tue Nov 10, 2020 -- November Board Meeting Minutes|
|Tue Oct 27, 2020 -- Election and Personnel Committee|
|Tue Oct 13, 2020 -- October Board|
|Tue Sep 8, 2020 -- September Board|
|Tue Aug 11, 2020 -- August Board|
|Fri Jul 31, 2020 -- Strategic Planning Committee|
|Thu Jul 30, 2020 -- Finance Committee |
|Thu Jul 23, 2020 -- Election and Personnel Committee|
|Tue Jun 9, 2020 -- June Board|
|Tue May 19, 2020 -- Special Board|
|Tue May 12, 2020 -- May Board|
|Fri May 8, 2020 -- Strategic Planning Committee|
|Wed May 6, 2020 -- Finance Committee|
|Tue Apr 14, 2020 -- April Board|
|Thu Apr 9, 2020 -- Finance Committee |
|Thu Mar 19, 2020 -- Special Board|
|Tue Mar 10, 2020 -- March Board|
|Wed Feb 19, 2020 -- Strategic Planning Committee Meeting Part 1|
|Wed Feb 19, 2020 -- Strategic Planning Committee Meeting Part 2|
|Tue Feb 11, 2020 -- February Board|
|Wed Feb 5, 2020 -- Strategic Planning Committee|
|Tue Jan 14, 2020 -- January Board|
|Tue Jan 14, 2020 -- Annual Board Meeting 2020|
|Tue Dec 10, 2019 -- December Board|